Astrology Quiz 17: What Is The Disease Of The Native By Birth?
AstroSage Quiz has now reached on its next level. Quiz 17 Question is here! You can be the next royalty at AstroSage Quiz Hall Of Fame! Surprise doesn’t end here. The lucky winner also gets a chance of winning an exclusive AstroSage gift hamper! Let’s play!
Quiz 17 Question:
Native is suffering from a disease since birth. What is the name of the disease? Explain with astrological reasons.
- (A) Under developed brain
- (B) Limb disability
- (C) Mute
- (D) Blind
- Gender: Male
- Date of Birth: May 13, 2003
- Time of Birth: 11:30am
- Place of Birth: Delhi, India
- Longitude: 77:13 E
- Latitude: 28:40 N
Detailed chart (Kundli) is shared on following URL - http://k.astrosage.com/quiz17
Terms and Conditions:
- Please support your answer with an astrological reasoning. Answers without reasoning will be disqualified.
- Entries will be considered till 19/08/2014.
- Answer will be announced on 20/08/2014
- You can give your answer either in the comment box below or can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org Answer given at any other place other than the above mentioned one, will not be considered.
- If there are more than one winner, only one will be selected randomly for the prize. But, the names of all the winners will go to the 'AstroSage Quiz Hall of Fame'.
Quiz #17 Results
AstroSage.com had asked you an astrological question in its seventeenth quiz. As per the provided birth chart, the question asked was: What Is The Disease Of The Native By Birth? Give valid reasons for your answer.
Right answer is Option (A) - Under-developed Brain
Many contestants gave right answer, but eight of them gave the right explanation. Their names are: Vinay Jauhri, Akash Gupta, Siddhant Dua, D.S. Nageshwar, Rajiv Singh, Jayendra Pandya, Jatinder Sandhu, Mero Kalo Chasma (as provided in the answer), Khas and Asad Gharori. (as provided in the answer).
Many contestants gave answers according to the rules, but only one among them is to be given the honor of the best answer and this time, the title for the best answer goes to ”Vinay Jauhri”.
Ref: Kundli- Male- May 13, 2003, 11:30 am , Delhi
The boy is suffering from "under developed brain". The reasons are as follows:
1. Mercury is the lord of the 12th house and the 3rd house and both are bad houses ( and also disease giving houses )
2. Mercury represents brain.
3. Mercury is combust Sun ( 9 degrees apart )
4. Mercury is not friends to lagna ( either Jupiter or Moon )
5. The boy is born with Moon ( also lagna lord ) in Hasta nakshatra so he cannot have problem to limbs.
6. There cannot be a problem in limbs because of exalted Jupiter in lagna. Moreover Parashara says that although Jupiter is 6th lord , still it is a benefic for Cancer ascendant.
7. He cannot be blind because Venus ( karaka for eyesight ) is in Kendra and also Sun ( lord of 2nd ) is exalted ( although not completely exalted )
8. Venus is not combust Sun ( by degrees ) so he cannot be blind.
9. He cannot be mute because lord of 2nd ( Sun) is exalted and is sitting in Kendra and Sun is a friend of Lagna lord.
10. Mercury is eighth from lagna lord and is combust with Sun
Also, lord of the 8th Saturn is in 12th, and Saturn contributed to the problem of
"under developed brain "
Please let me know if my analysis was correct.
Boston (USA )
Why Is Option (A) The Right Answer?
The native is born under Cancer ascendant and the zodiac sign of Virgo. Moon’s constellation is Hasta and the ascendant’s is Aslesha. Hence, Moon is in its own Nakshatra (constellation), whereas ascendant is in the Nakshatra of Mercury. It is natural that the native will be more influenced by the Moon and Mercury. Jupiter is the lord of the house of ailments, and is positioned in the zodiac sign of Moon as well as in the constellation of Saturn. Hence, here again, along with Moon, Saturn is influencing the native. Due to the impact of Saturn, we can say that the native’s problem will be of long term. It means that situation may not be kept under control easily. Additionally, Jupiter’s situation is showing that either the native will be a genius or his intelligence might face obstruction. This will be due to the exalted position of Jupiter, which indicates that the native will be an epitome of knowledge; although, it might only occur when ascendant or lord of ascendant are in a good position. Additionally, the position of their (ascendant and ascendant lord) lord of the sign as well as constellation should be good.
In this case, roles of Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn are coming into the limelight; where Moon is posited in the sign of Mercury, while Mercury is combust as well as retrograde. Moon doesn’t have the effect of any favorable planet. On the other hand, Moon is aspected by Rahu. Mercury is combusted after being retrograded, whereas Saturn is in twelfth house. Here, Jupiter is just providing intelligence, but this intelligence would be of any use only when the native’s body (ascendant) will be having the power to bear it.
In Vedic astrology, inauspicious or troublesome situations are considered from the D-30 chart. Capricorn is the ascendant of D-30. Hence, Saturn is the lord of D-30. It has gone into Aries, which is not auspicious. Significator of good health, Sun is also in Libra, which is slightly negative. Hence, the native is indicated to be suffering from an ailment.
Moon and Mercury are the significators of mind and brain. Their affliction may cause obstruction to all the processes of brain. As the native has got this disease by birth, it is very important to check the planetary conditions at birth time. The native was born under the major period of Moon and the sub-period of Saturn. The conjunction of Moon-Saturn is considered as Vish Yoga (poisonous combination). Even if Moon and Saturn are not in conjunction here, but their periods at the same time may affect the native’s entirely life very adversely. It is believed that people suffering from Vish Yoga gets disappointed from the life. Disappointment comes when brain doesn’t work properly and intellect faces obstruction. If I have to summarize it, Vish Yoga gives lack of reasoning power. This states that the native born in the major period of Moon and sub-period of Saturn is not expected to face favorable effects in life. So, the native is likely to face mental disturbances. If we take an in-depth consideration of the birth-chart, we can find that Saturn and Moon is posited in the sign of Mercury. Mercury symbolizes intelligence, which is retrograde and combust. Hence, affliction of Mercury and Moon caused mental problems or instability to the native; whereas, Saturn made it incurable.
Those who could not answer accurately this time can participate in our next quiz -Quiz 18. It will help you sharpen your astrology skills. Thanks a lot for participating in AstroSage Quiz 17.
We hope that those of you who did not get it right this time will give it another shot and join us in the next quiz. AstroSage family congratulates all the participants and winners. If any name is missed out from the winners’ list, please let us know and we will update the list. All these names make a place in " AstroSage Quiz: Hall of Fame". If you have profile on AstroSage Online Astrologer Directory , please let us know and we will update link to your profile with your name.