Vidyarambh Muhurat 2018
Let your child begin his journey to a bright future with auspicious Vidyarambh Muhurat 2018. Read this article to know the best date and time in this year for entering your child in a school or to teach him/her at home.
|9 Feb||Navami||Friday||In Anuradha Nakshatra between 14:34 - 16:55|
|11 Feb||Ekadashi||Sunday||In Mool Nakshatra|
|18 Feb||Tritiya||Sunday||In Purva Bhadrapada / Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra|
|21 Feb||Shashti||Wednesday||In Ashwini Nakshatra|
|25 Feb||Dashami||Sunday||In Mrigashira / Ardra Nakshatra|
|4 Mar||Tritiya||Sunday||In Hastha Nakshatra Before 13:38|
|20 Apr||Panchami||Friday||In Mrigashira Nakshatra|
|22 Jun||Dashami||Friday||In Hastha Nakshatra|
|15 Jul||Tritiya||Sunday||In Ashlesha Nakshatra|
Vidyarambh Sanskar means beginning of studies - a step towards your baby’s bright future. When a child becomes of the age to start their education, the ceremony of Vidyarambh is performed where a child is introduced to the initial stage of education - i.e. letters and numbers. In ancient period, when children go to Gurukul for learning, Vidyarambh Muhurat was of high significance. Though its relevance has diminished in today’s period, but just like Mundan, Karnavedha and Annaprashan, Vidyarambh ceremony should also be performed.
Vidyarambh Sanskar Muhurat
When rational ability of a child begins to develop and she/he becomes sensible enough to learn things, Vidyarambh Sanskar is performed. Generally, this ceremony is performed when a child is 5 years old. In Hinduism, shubh muhurat for this Samskara is calculated on the basis of Tithi, Nakshatra, day and month after assessing the Kundali of a child.
- This ceremony must be performed especially on Shukla Tritiya of Chaitra - Vaishakh months, Shukla Saptami of Magha month and Shukla Tritiya of Phalgun month as per Hindu Calendar.
- One should not perform this Samskara on Chaturdashi, Amavasya, Pratipada, Ashtami and Surya Sankranti day.
- Ashtami in Krishna Paksha of Paush, Magh and Phalgun month are considered inauspicious for carrying out this activity.
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are believed to be highly auspicious according to Hindu religion and customs.
- Ashwini, Mrigashira, Rohini, Ardra, Punarvasu, Pushya, Ashlesha, Purva Phalguni, Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Mool, Rewati, Purva Ashadha, Uttara Ashadha, Chitra, Swati, Abhijit, Dhanishta, Shravana, Purva Bhadrapada, Uttara Bhadrapada and Shatabhisha are considered propitious Nakshatra for Vidyarambh Muhurat.
- Taurus, Gemini, Leo, Virgo and Sagittarius ascendant (Lagna) are highly felicitous for this ceremony.
Know-How of Vidyarambh Sanskar
In ancient times, Vidyarambh Sanskar of a child was completed in Gurukul. During this period, children were taught about Veda amidst Yajna, Havan and Pooja. As the time has evolved, this Samskara is now performed at home or in school.
Following Puja are performed during Vidyarambh Sanskar:
- Ganesh Puja: Lord Ganesha is worshipped for the successful completion of an activity and without any hindrance.
- Saraswati Puja : Goddess Saraswati is the Goddess of Knowledge, and this is the reason why, worshipping the Goddess on this occasion is important.
- Lekhni Puja: It is impossible to write and learn without pen (Kalam) and ink, therefore it is important to worship the Pen as well.
- Patti Pujan: As Pen is used to write on a slate board or paper or copy, therefore Patti (slate board) is also worshipped on this occasion.
- Guru Puja: Education is attained through teachers or elders (Guru). And so, Guru Puja holds great significance on Vidyarambh Sanskar muhurat as Guru is the one who imparts education to children.
- Akshar Lekhan Puja: During Vidyarambh Puja, Guru lets the child write a letter or Gayatri Mantra on a slate board or a copy.
Importance of Vidyarambh Sanskar
Education, Knowledge and good manners are the most basic and biggest values of life. Life of a human is useless without them. And so Vidyarambh Sanskar is the initial step for a child to gain Knowledge about religion and Veda and education in school. After performing all Puja and rituals during this ceremony, God is prayed for the child’s better education in the coming days, so that she/he could make his/her family and society proud.
Through this ceremony, children are encouraged to study. Parents and teachers are also enlightened about the better education of their children. Hence, Vidyarambh Sanskar is a very important Samskara for your children and has also been described as a very significant Samskara in Hinduism.