In Vedic astrology, Mars or Mangal is believed to signify drive and physical energy,
self-confidence and ego, strength, anger, impulsiveness, heroism and adventurous
nature. Mangal is the ruler of blood, muscles and bone marrow. He is also related
with battle, war and soldiers. As per Vedic astrology, Mars is considered as malefic
by nature. “Mangal Dosha” is known as very dreaded concept of astrology. It asserts
if a person having Mangal Dosh in their birth-charts marry someone who is not Mangali,
it can cause death of spouse, strife, lack of prosperity and incur many other troubles.
Remedies to be performed for Mangal or Mars related problems and during the dasa
or antardasa of Mars:
- Worship the ruling deities Kartikeya and Hanuman. The Kartikeya mantra: "Om Saravanabhavaya
Namah" The Hanuman mantra: "Om Ham Hanumate Namah"
- Recite Kartikeya Stotra or Hanuman Chalisa.
- Japa of the Mars mantra: Om kram kreem kroum sah bhaumaya namah, 7000 times in 40
- Recite the Mangala stotra.
- Charity: Donate Masoor dal (red lentils) on Tuesdays.
- Fasting: On Tuesdays.
- Pooja: Kartikeya pooja or Rudrabhishekha.
- Rudraksha: Wear a 3 mukhi Rudraksha. - Buy now
- Gemstone: Coral (Moonga) - Buy now
- Jadi: Anant Mool - Buy now