Planet Jupiter In Astrology
Planets are important in Vedic Astrology to control as well as nourish human life. Planet Jupiter is an important and biggest planet among all as it is hailed as the Guru/Teacher. It bestows human’s life with luck and fortune. It is basically a kind and benevolent planet. Astronomically, it is far beyond the swarm of asteroids, known as a mighty planet and also called as glant of solar system. It takes little less than twelve years to revolve around the Sun. It is brighter than other planets except Mars and Venus. It is the planet of dignity. Jupiter is visible through the naked eyes. It is the planet of religion and spirituality.
Hindu Mythology about Planet Jupiter
According to Hindu Mythology, planet Jupiter in astrology is known as “Guru”, “Brihaspati” and “Devaguru”. In Sanskrit, the meaning of these names are “teacher, lord of light and teacher to the Gods”. He is a brahmin. It is considered as a teacher. Jupiter represents God Dakshinamurthy and removes ignorance and darkness and offers wisdom through light. Saivites consider Jupiter as Dakshinamurthy whereas Vaishnavites consider it as Narayana.
It is said that Jupiter is Deva guru, whereas Venus is Asura Guru. It is believed whenever Jupiter and Venus conjoins in any house, it leads to prosperity in native’s life. They do not clash in heavens.
Jupiter is for uplift of soul, one leads spiritual life without attaching much to domestic life. It is kind of “Para Loka-Sthana”. It represents Indra. It governs power also. It rules Rig Veda and Hemantha Rithu (December and January).
In Western Astrology, old Greeks call Jupiter as father of Gods-Zeus. Egyptians call it Ammon. It is called “Thor” by the Norse. The name, Merodach is given by the Babylonians and Chaldeans. Jupiter is the God of Righteousness and Justice. It is the symbol of wisdom.
Nature of Planet Jupiter
Jupiter is a fiery, noble, fruitful, benevolent, masculine, buoyant, optimistic, expansive, jovial, positive and dignified planet. It’s disposition is generous and candid. Jupiter is a karaka planet of fortune, wealth, fame, luck, luck, morality, meditation, mantra, children, spirituality, ministers, devotion and faith, lawyers, government leaders and religion. It shows sacred scriptures. The higher attributes of mind and uplift of soul are generally indicated by Jupiter. It does well if placed in kendra or trikona houses in native’s birth chart. The nature of Jupiter is Kapha. It rules over “Sagittarius” and “Pisces” signs. It gets exalted in “Cancer” sign at 5 degree whereas debilitated in “Capricorn” at 5 degree. Jupiter offers high reasoning ability and proper judgment.
What does Jupiter signify in Vedic Astrology?
Jupiter represents the “Guru” in native’s birth chart. It rules over ninth and twelfth house in Kaal Purush Kundali in Vedic Astrology and is the significator of second, fifth, ninth, tenth and eleventh house. Second house is the house of wealth, Jupiter bestows native with lots of wealth and prosperity if placed in second house. Fifth house is for wisdom and education, Jupiter bestows with good education and children. Ninth house is for higher learning and Gurus, Jupiter confers the path of higher learning and wisdom through spiritual Gurus. Tenth house is for career and profession, Jupiter does well if holds tenth house as it may confer a reputative and respectful job. Eleventh house is for income and gains, Jupiter is always beneficial and hence good for this house also. Therefore, we can say that Jupiter holds these positions in a much better way in horoscope. Let’s understand below what it signifies:
- Body Parts: It rules over Liver, Tumours, circulation of blood in arteries and fat in body.
- Physical appearance: Jupitarians are well built fatty, huge-bellied person. So Jupiterians in youth will have good growth, a muscular body due to outdoor games, and they will become so stout that they must be respected at least for their growth.
- Diseases: Liver complaints, dropsy, dyspepsia, flatulence, Jaundice, abscess, hernia skin troubles, cerebral congestion, catarrh and carbuncles.
Characteristics of Planet Jupiter
If Jupiter is placed positively in your birth chart, then it bestows you with a handsome personality. It will be very beneficial for you in terms of health, wealth and prosperity. It provides you wisdom, knowledge and leads you towards spirituality, where you may find peace. You will be logical and very broad minded. Let’s see below how Jupiter confers good, medium and bad results:
- Strong Jupiter: If Jupiter is strong in your horoscope by lordship and conjoined with other planets, you can make a judicious choice and cultivate steady habits, concentrate, meditate, and pray or read stotras.
- Beneficial Jupiter: If Jupiter is benefic in your birth chart, it gives geniality and generosity, joy, jubilation and joviality. You can expect respect and reputation during its period. Co-operation and congenial atmosphere will be maintained. It will confer progress and prosperity in life. Philosophical, philanthropic nature, good conduct, morals, peace and prosperity, health and wealth are also offered by Jupiter.
- Afflicted Jupiter: Afflicted Jupiter will not provide very good results. You will be moderate but an extremist. He will be very liberal, extravagant and even lavish. False hopes, over optimism, carelessness, debts, dispute, failure in speculation, desperate attempts, gambling and pressure from creditors and banks, worry through children, false prestige, large donation beyond his normal capacity for charitable institutions, temple and religions, loss by relying on others and cheap popularity, default and infamy, extravagance, misjudgement and miscalculation are the attributes if Jupiter is afflicted by malefics in your horoscope.
What are the professions generally denoted by planet Jupiter?
Being a fiery and beneficial planet, native may employed in Legal, Finance, Political, Bank and educational departments and may be his occupation. President, Mayor, Counselor, M.P., M.L.A., Honorary posts, are also offered if Jupiter forms good aspects with Sun and Moon.
Professional streams also depend on the PAC (Position-Aspect-Conjunction) connection with other influencing planets. In short, we can say that the nature of Planet Jupiter in profession or career varies with the combination of Jupiter with other planets. Here, we have listed below few professional fields for your better understanding:
- Politics: It indicates Huge projects, Construction of schools, colleges, universities, charitable institutions, hospitals, asylums, isolation hospitals, ferry, shipping, quarters for servants, bank buildings, renovation of churches, mosque, temples, law courts, etc.
- Products: Butter, All fat-containing food stuffs, ghee etc, sweet flavoured eatables, big trees, rubber, metals, tin, gold etc.
- Places: It indicates temples, Law courts, colleges and schools, big palatial buildings, Durbar hall, assembly, Legislative, halls where Purohits deliver lectures on Puranas etc.
- Animals & Birds: Horse, elephant and Ox in animals, Peacock in bird.
The day ruled by Jupiter is “Thursday”, one may expect better results on this day itself if he is running with the Mahadasha of “Jupiter”. The precious gemstone for planet Jupiter is “Yellow Sapphire”. All yellow stones are governed by Jupiter.
Hence planet Jupiter is very prominent in terms of Astrology as well as Astronomy. It is important planet to describe our children as it is karak planet for Children.
Jupiter in various houses according to Vedic Astrology
|Jup in First House||Jup in Second House||Jup in Third House||Jup in Fourth House|
|Jup in Fifth House||Jup in Sixth House||Jup in Seventh House||Jup in Eighth House|
|Jup in Ninth House||Jup in Tenth House||Jup in Eleventh House||Jup in Twelvth House|
Jupiter in various zodiac signs according to Vedic Astrology
|Jupiter in Aries||Jupiter in Taurus||Jupiter in Gemini||Jupiter in Cancer|
|Jupiter in Leo||Jupiter in Virgo||Jupiter in Libra||Jupiter in Scorpio|
|Jupiter in Sagittarius||Jupiter in Capricorn||Jupiter in Aquarius||Jupiter in Pisces|