Coronavirus: stay at home Leave your home if it's necessary. It will help stop the spread of novel coronavirus & COVID-19
Upanayana Muhurat 2020: Janeu Sanskar 2020 Dates & Auspicious Timings
Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates – The Janeu Sanskar 2020 is the tenth of the sixteen samskaras. This ceremony celebrates the growing up of a boy and his stepping foot into adulthood. As they reach a certain age, boys sit for this Sanskar and only afterwards are they deemed ready for doing yagna and havan. Below is the complete list of Yagyopavit 2020 Dates as well as other relevant information concerning Janeu Sanskar 2020 .
हिंदी में पढ़ें - जनेऊ मुहूर्त 2020
Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates
|Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates January|
|15 January||Wednesday||Magha K. Panchami||Uttara Phalguni||From 07:15 to 12:10|
|27 January||Monday||Magha S. Tritiya||Shatabhisha||From 07:12 to 14:37|
|29 January||Wednesday||Magha S. Chaturthi||Purva Bhadrapada||From 10:46 to 14:29|
|30 January||Thursday||Magha S. Panchami||Uttara Bhadrapada||From 07:11 to 13:20|
|Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates February|
|26 February||Wednesday||Phalgun S. Tritiya||Uttara Bhadrapada||From 06:50 to 14:53|
|28 February||Friday||Phalgun S. Panchami||Ashwini||From 06:48 to 14:45|
|Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates March|
|11 March||Wednesday||Chaitra K. Dwitiya||Hasta||From 11:42 to 13:58|
|13 March||Friday||Chaitra K. Chaturthi||Swati||From 08:51 to 13:50|
|26 March||Thursday||Chaitra S. Dwitiya||Revati||From 06:18 to 15:20|
|Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates April|
|9 April||Thursday||Vaisakha K. Dwitiya||Swati||From 06:02 to 14:23|
|26 April||Sunday||Vaisakha S. Tritiya||Rohini||From 05:45 to 13:23|
|Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates May|
|3 May||Sunday||Vaisakha S. Dashami||Purva Phalguni||From 05:39 to 12:08|
|4 May||Monday||Vaisakha S. Ekadashi||Uttara Phalguni||From 06:13 to 15:04|
|25 May||Monday||Jyeshtha S. Tritiya||Revati||From 07:54 to 15:57|
|27 May||Wednesday||Jyeshtha S. Panchami||Punarvasu||From 07:28 to 15:49|
Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2020
The Janeu Sanskar 2020 is primarily about fastening the yagyopavit, an auspicious thread on a boy once he is old enough. The Janeu or yagyopavit is made with a particular ritual and is tied from one’s left shoulder and under his right arm. This ceremony, always done under an auspicious Upanayana Muhurat 2020, occurs after attaining Guru Deeksha. It is necessary to have the Janeu Sanskar 2020 before getting married. The three segments of the janeu symbolize the Trideva of Hinduism - Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh.
During the Yagyopavit Sanskar 2020, the priest chants the following mantra while the boy acquires the Janeu like he would, any other knowledge:
आयुष्यमग्रं प्रतिमुंच शुभ्रं यज्ञोपवीतं बलमस्तु तेजः।।
yajñopavītaṃ paramaṃ pavitraṃ prajāpateryatsahajaṃ purastāt।
āyuṣyamagraṃ pratimuṃca śubhraṃ yajñopavītaṃ balamastu tejaḥ।।
The age for the ceremony differs as per the caste of the child. Thus, a Brahaman child will have his Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2020 at eight years of age. On the other hand, a Kashtriya’s Upanayana Muhurat 2020 will be when he is 12 years old. Similarly, a Vaishya boy will sit for the Janeu Sanskar 2020 at 16 years old. In olden times, the Sanskar always fell before one left for Gurukul. The ceremony has several rituals and do’s and don’ts that you can read here; Janeu Ceremony: Upanayana Sanskar & Rituals To Follow.
Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates: Calculating Upanayana Muhurat
As mentioned earlier, one should organize the Janeu Sanskar 2020 like any other Sanskar and important task under an auspicious time. While calculating the Yagyopavit 2020 Dates, one needs not only to consider the Panchang, but also reflect upon the boy’s kundali. The factors that they need to keep in mind include:
The favourable nakshatras for Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2020 are Mrigashira, Ardra, Punarvasu, Hasta, Chitra, Swati, Shravan, Dhanishta, Shatabhishak, Ashwini, Mool, Purva Bhadrapada, Purvashadha, Purva Phalguni, Pushya, and Ashlesha.
The days, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are beneficial for the Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates.
In the same vein, the tithis Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Shashthi, Dashami, Ekadashi, and Dwadashi (second, third, fifth, sixth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth days) are also lucky for Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2020.
Additionally, when beneficial planets are posited in the ninth, fifth, first, fourth, seventh, and tenth houses from the ascendant; that also forms an auspicious Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2020.
Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2020: Benefits Of Wearing Yagyopavit
The Yagyopavit Sanskar 2020 essentially is about teaching young children about proper behaviour according to religion, etiquettes, knowledge about right and wrong, morality. This not only makes them a good human being but also ensures that peace and happiness prevail over their household. The benefits of wearing the yagyopavit in an auspicious Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2020 include:
- The ceremony under the Upanayana Sanskar Muhurat 2020 is considered to be a second birth. The first is from one’s mother’s womb, and the second is by entering religion, formally.
- Upanayana means obtaining the eyes of knowledge; while Yagyopavit implies attaining the authority or right to yagna and havan.
- On wearing the yagyopavit under the Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2020, all our sins and bad deeds from previous births are abolished.
- Wearing the janeu offers a child an increase in their longevity, strength, and intellect when done under the auspicious Upanayana Sanskar Muhurat 2020.
- One becomes of pure character and attains the inspiration to do Japa, Tapa, and Vrat (chanting, tenacity, fasting respectively); after obtaining janeu and wearing it in Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates.
- Wearing janeu offers the boy, the strength to fulfil his virtuous responsibilities of morality and humanity.
- The three separate segments of the sacred thread signify taking care of one’s mother, father, and guru.
- Acquiring an education, worship, or business – all are meaningless without the Yagyopavit Sanskar 2020.
- The three segments of the janeu are made of three threads each. Thus on wearing the yagyopavit with nine strings, one pleases the navagraha (nine planets).
We Hope That Our Feature On Upanayana Muhurat 2020 Dates Was Helpful To You! Thank You For Being A Part Of AstroSage!