K.P. System: An Introduction
This is an excellent system (Paddhati) of astrological predictions conceived and created by The Great Indian Astrology master late Prof. K.S. Krishnamurti. KP System is based on finer points of Indian and Western astrology and borrows important concepts from many branches of astrology. Regarded as most accurate system of present time, KP System of astrology is easy to learn and easy to apply. Contrary to classical Hindu astrology, KP system is systematic and very well defined.
Here are some major differences to Vedic astrology:
- KP system gives importance to the Constellations / Stars / Nakshatras divisions of the Zodiac which is obviously the most desired for precision.
- Further it divides each Constellation / Star / Nakshatra division into further 9 subdivisions called 'SUBS'. These sub divisions are not equal divisions, but are as per the Vimshottari Dashas Divisions System.
- K.P. System uses K.P. Ayanamshas as opposed to Lahiri Ayanamshas mostly used in Vedic System. The difference between two is about 6 minutes (Kala).
- This system uses Cusps that is house/ bhav beginnings like Western Systems, as opposed to Vedic System which uses House Centres i.e. Bhav Madhyas.
- This system uses Placidus House system.
- The planet in its dasha gives results as per its Nakshtra-Swami (Star-Lord) rather
than the planet itself.
Hence Planet is represents the SOURCE, that Planet's Star-Lord represents the EFFECTS, RESULTS and that Planet's Sub gives idea of the FINAL DIRECTION of that result.
- KP highly uses Ruling Planets methodology which says that the planets at the time of desire and fructifications are always same.
- House characteristics are given more importance than planetary characteristics.
- KP system discards few of the popular classical astrology principles like divisional charts and yogas.
Our Involvement with KP Astrology:
We have established a research community on KP System which is trying to decode KP and unleash its secrets. The community can be reached at http://www.astrosage.com/kpastrology/. If you are interested in learning KP, it is the best place to start. Our software company, AstroCAMP, is providing the necessary tools and technologies which are required to achieve the objective of the community. The AstroCAMP website can be reached at http://www.astrocamp.com .