The Planet Moon - Astrology, mythology and influence in Horoscopes
When the Sun sets in evening and dim light comes to cover the earth, a disk - shaped 'Moon' appears to illuminate the sky and to dispel the darkness. Indeed, 'Full Moon' is really a stunning object with tiny starts to garnish the sky in nighttime. Moon is also conceived as a 'queen of night'. Since ancient times, moon's phases are also momentous to influence significant aspects of human lives. In religious country like India, devotee people arrange important 'katha - pooja' and ladies keep fasting during 'Purnima' (Full Moon) day. For all important rituals and fasts of Hindus, 'Moon' is one of the prominent deities for them. Seeing phases of Moon, 'yearly moon calendar' is formed for knowing some auspicious tithis (dates). The astrological day for moon is 'Monday'. Further, ebbs and tides of ocean on earth also get impacted due to gravitational force of moon. 2 and 7 are the numbers of Moon, but number 8 is unfortunate. White and Sea-green colors are indicated by Moon. Being a watery planet, it is concerned with liquids, aquatic, animals, and objects found under water, like pearls. Moon symbolizes family life and private affairs.
Moon's identity in the Universe
'When Sun is the main ruling planet (Karka) for fathers, the rulling planet for mothers is Moon'. Moon is the nearest planet and the only known natural satellite of earth. It is just about two lakh thirty eight thousand miles away from the earth. The diameter of the Moon is approximately 2,200 miles and it is small in size comprised with crust, mental and core. In a strict dictionary terms, it is not a planet, but finding astrological notions, we call it the 'Planet Moon'. In the solar system, Moon is acknowledged as the fifth largest and the second densest satellite. It is the only celestial body on which human beings have gone for successful research. It moves round the earth and earth revolves around the sun. Moon does not perceive light from sun when the earth comes in between them and it causes 'Lunar eclipse'. And, in this condition, Moon stops illuminating light.It shines only by getting the reflected light from the Sun, as it is not a self-luminous like Sun. Moon is also conceived as conductor of power lent by Sun.
Mythological belief for Moon
Diverse of cultures around the World reveal varied interesting myths about the Moon. Western mythologists believed that Moon is Virgin Mary of the Roman Catholics and nourishing mother of the heavens. She is also the 'Luna' or 'Diana'. She is the Goddess and a huntress and rules chastity as well as fertility. Moon rules over the impregnation, notion, birth of child, the animal instinct, and influence one's personality and life. It is believed that the planet Moon governs person's infant stage, and whatever behavior and all-over personality we see in that person is because of influencing power of moon.
Hindu's conceptions towards Moon
India is a land of innumerable spiritual beliefs where Hindu people are always ahead to hoist the flag of religious thoughts. For them, the Moon is one of the prominent lords and they enunciate moon as 'Chandra Dev' (Lord Moon). Every after fourteen days Moon changes its appearance envisaging 'Full Moon' and 'New Moon'. Hindu people say 'Purnima or Poonam' at the time of Full Moon, and 'Andheriya or Amavsya' at the time of New Moon. According to Hindus myths, one day, the lord Moon was giggling on physical structure of 'God Ganesha'. Seeing this ironic behavior of Moon, Ganesha gave a bitter curse to him that his beauty will become ugly and no body will see his terrible black face in future. Experiencing this utmost ire of God Ganesha, Moon really repented and apologized for his behavior. And, finally, God Ganesha forgave him and said "no curse can be taken back but yes, you can show your complete beauty every after 14 days or in day Poornima". Thus, till now moon is categorized in two phases one is 'Full Moon' and second is 'New Moon'. Lord Moon is vital wing of some auspicious occasion like 'Ganesh Chaturthi' and 'Karvachoth'as well.
Astrological notions about Moon
According to astrological belief, Moon is a cold, asymmetrical, humid, amenable and feminine planet, which rules the fourth zodiac sign 'Kark or Cancer'. It is conceived that the planet Moon orbits around 13 degrees on an average daily, and whenever it passes zodiac sign Taurus or Rishabh, it seems strong. But, whenever it transits Zodiac sign Scorpio or Vrishchik, it gets very feeble and incapacitated. The influence of moon occurs on the relative disposition of other planets the aspect which moon receives, the sign which it occupies etc. at the time of one's birth.
Combination of planet Moon with other planets influence zodiac signs of horoscope and different planetary movements of moon show some special meaning for life of the person. Good combination of Moon with Mercury endows the native deep feelings and emotions. Conversely, bad combination can give the mental imbalance. A good aspect between Saturn and Moon makes the native patient, cautious, and steady. Unfavorable combination of both planets can make native pessimist. So, in this way, Good relationships of Moon with other planet will show a beneficial impact, but on the other hand, bad combination of Moon with other planets can give a negative outcome.
Planets in Astrology
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- ‘Yuti Yoga’ Formation In September: Who Will Win A Lottery, Who Will Suffer?
- Pitru Paksha 2022: Avoid Consuming These Food Items During This Period, Or Else…
- Weekly Horoscope 12-18 September, 2022: Know Fortunate-Unfortunate Signs Of The Week!
- Ashwin Month 2022 Begins; Brings Many Major Hindu Fasts-Festivals!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 11-17 September, 2022
- Follow Your Favorite Astrologers Now, Be A Part Of Their Network
- Mercury Retrograde In Virgo: Avoid Doing These Tasks During This Period!
- Chat With Astrologers, Only On AstroSage Kundli App
- Confused About Pitru Paksha Date? Read Here For Correct Date & Shraadh Vidhi!
- AstroSage Kundli Live: Real Astrologers, Authentic Astrology
- सितंबर में बनने जा रहा है ‘युति योग’: किसे रहना होगा सावधान-किसकी लगेगी लॉटरी?
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 12 सितंबर से 18 सितंबर, 2022: यह सप्ताह इन राशियों के लिए रहेगा बेहद शुभ।
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 11 सितंबर से 17 सितंबर, 2022
- पसंदीदा ज्योतिषियों को फॉलो करके बने उनके नेटवर्क का हिस्सा : एस्ट्रोसेज वार्ता लाइव
- कन्या राशि में वक्री बुध: इन राशियों को मिलेंगे शुभ परिणाम।
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी से चैट करें सिर्फ़ एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली ऍप पर
- तिथि को लेकर न हों कनफ्यूज़- इस दिन से शुरू है पितृ पक्ष-नोट कर लें श्राद्ध की सही विधि!
- एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली लाइव : असल ज्योतिष और असली ज्योतिषी
- कन्या में गोचर कर सूर्य अन्य ग्रहों के साथ बनाएंगे कई बड़े योग, पढ़ें सूर्य के कन्या में गोचर का प्रभाव !
- सर्टिफाइड ज्योतिषी लाइव: एस्ट्रोसेज कुंडली की रिवॉल्यूशनरी पहल