Shradh 2019: Special Days For Ancestors
Shradh 2019 dates are from September 13, 2019 to September 28, 2019. Honoring and paying tribute to our ancestors for whatever they have given so far defines Tarpan, which you can perform in Pitru Paksha. Read the article to know more about Shraddha.
Shradh marks an important time for performing the ritual of Tarpan. Performing Tarpan in Shradh is a way of remembering, thanksgiving and honoring the ancestors for whatever they have given to the present generations. It is a way of telling them that they are still an important part of the family and they still reside in our memories. Period of Shradh is also known as Pitru Paksha. Pitru Dosha arises if one does not perform the rituals of Tarpan in Shraddh.
Every year, an important period of 16 days (Pitru Paksha or Shraadh) is dedicated to the ancestors or forefathers. Pitru Paksha is considered perfect for performing Tarpan rituals. It is believed that the rituals performed during Shradh produces best results for pleasing the ancestors. Shradh occurs right before the Sharada Navaratri in autumn. Like every year, Shraddha will come again in 2019 with a great significance for our ancestors and for us.
Shradh or Tarpan ritual is also performed on the death anniversary of the departed family member. Various Tarpan rituals are performed for different departed members of the family or a particular day from Shraddha during Pitru Paksha is dedicated to that departed member. His or her favorite food items and clothes are offered to Brahmins or Pandits. Brahmins consume the food items and accept the offerings and it is believed that finally they reached to our ancestors or forefathers.
Pitru Paksha or Shraadh is considered as an inauspicious period for starting any new venture and shopping for new clothes or any household item. Every year, days for performing Shraddha fall on different dates. Know about the dates of Shradh in 2019 below:
Shradh In 2019
As it is mentioned above that according to the Hindu Calendar, the important days of Shradh in 2019 during Pitru Paksha are from September 13 to September 28, 2019.
Refer to the table of important dates given below of Pitru Paksha in 2019:
Pitru Paksha 2019 Dates
|14||September||(Saturday)||Bhadrapad Purnima Vrat|
|27||September||(Friday)||Trayodashi Shraddha, Chaturdashi Shraddha|
The last day of Pitru Paksha is also known as Sarva Pitru Amavasya Shradh because on this day one can perform the Shraddha of anyone.
Significance Of Shradh
Let's discuss the significance of performing rituals of Tarpan during Pitru Paksha for our ancestors, before performing them.
Blessings Of Ancestors
In Hindu mythology, it is believed that our ancestors are still watching us, they are protecting us from the hurdles of life and blessing us. But at the same time, they want us to remember them, pay our respect and honor them because they have already given us a lot and are still giving us a lot.
Rituals of Tarpan in Shraddha is a way to pay our gratitude toward our ancestors for all that they have given or are giving to us. It is believed that if the rituals are performed with full faith, love, and respect, our ancestors get happy and protect us from all the evil powers of the universe. They don't let anything harm us either it is natural or supernatural.
No matter what we dedicate, an expensive or less expensive gift, but what is important is our love and respect. Our honor will make them happy instead of the price of our gift.
For The Peace Of Souls
We inherit the assets and properties of our ancestors, but at the same time we also inherit the results of their misdeeds. Sometimes, their misdeeds do not allow them to attain peace after death. This disturbance of their souls can sometimes affect the present generations of the family. The rituals of Tarpan in Shradh helps them in attaining the peace of soul and paying of the misdeeds of their lives. Help your ancestors in gaining peace of soul by performing the Tarpan rituals in Shraadh.
Remove The Effects Of Unnatural Death
Unnatural deaths are a big reason for the disturbances of souls. Unnatural deaths are those which occur before the actual or natural time of death for that person. They can occur from any kind of accident or sometimes suicide may also be the reason for unnatural death. It can happen to anyone, be it an older or younger members of the family. Rituals of Tarpan in Shraddha are of a great significance in removing the effects of these unnatural deaths, and attaining the divine peace of soul. Perform the rituals of Tarpan on Shradh to remove the effects of unnatural deaths.
Tarpan Reduces The Effect Of Kaal Sarp Dosh
Kaal Sarp Dosha is a kind of sin in the birth chart of an individual. People with the Kaal Sarp Dosha are likely to face money or fertility related problems. It is believed that the rituals of Shraddha or Tarpan are helpful in reducing the effect of Kaal Sarp Dosha. So, the rituals of Tarpan in Pitru Paksha will help in reducing the effect of Kaal Sarp Dosha. We hope that after reading this, you will understand the significance of the Tarpan rituals or Shraddha (Pitru Paksha) better for performing.
We hope that after reading this, you will understand the significance of the Tarpan rituals or Shraddha (Pitru Paksha) better for performing in 2019.
Legend Of Shraadh Or Pitru Paksha
Let's talk about the legend of Pitru Paksha or Sraddha, before performing the rituals of Tarpan during Shradh.
Legend Of Karna In Mahabharata
According to the epic Mahabharata, when Karna died, his soul was sent to heaven. There he was offered only gold and silver ornaments as food. He asked King of Gods, Indra, the reason for serving him ornaments as food, but not the real food. Lord Indra told him that he had only donated gold and silver ornaments to the needy people, but never donated real food for his ancestors.
Karna said that he was not aware of his ancestors and thus, could not donate anything for them. Indra gave him 15 days period to go back on earth and donate food and other offerings in the name of his ancestors. He came back and performed the rituals of Shraadh or Tarpan for the peace of the souls of his ancestors.
Keep in mind the significance of performing Tarpan rituals, while performing them during Shraddha.
What Is Pitru Loka?
Pitru Loka is the region between earth and heaven. The souls of up to three preceding generations of one's ancestors stay in Pitru Loka. When any member of the next generation dies, the soul of ancestor from the first generation shifts to heaven. Then, the Shraddha or Pitru Paksha rituals for the very first ancestor are stopped. Yama (the lord of death) plays a very important role in Pitru Loka. He takes the souls of departed family members to Pitru Loka.
How To Perform Shradh Rituals?
You can also perform the Tarpan rituals performed during the 16 special days of Shraddh or Pitru Paksha. Pitru Paksha has a special significance for Tarpan rituals and rites performed during Pitru Paksha produce best results. Take a look at how to perform Shradh rituals in the right way:
- For performing Shradh rituals, prepare pure vegetarian food, you can also prepare the favorite food of the departed person. This food is offered to the Brahmins or Pandits, and known as Brahman Bhoj.
- Cook Kheer (sweet rice porridge) and other food items, as per your family traditions.
- Offer prayers for the peace of souls of ancestors.
- The food should also be offered to cows, crows, and dogs on banana leaves.
- Different fruits, sweets, and cereals can also be served.
- Serve the needy like beggars and old people for the peace of the ancestor's souls.
Where To Perform Shradh?
Mostly Shraddha or Pitru Paksha rituals are performed on the shore of any water body such as river or sea. Rivers are having a very special and sacred place in Hindu mythology. It is believed that if the ashes of the departed family member are flown in the water of holy river like Ganga or Yamuna, and if the rituals of Tarpan are performed on the shore of river or sea, then it produces best results.
Places like Haridwar, Rishikesh, Allahabad, Kashi, Puri, Rameshwaram are considered as appropriate for these ceremonies.
When To Perform Shraadh?
Shraddha should be performed on the death anniversary of the departed family member, but if it is not possible or if one forgets the date, these rituals can be performed on the last day of Pitru Paksha or on the Sarvapitri Amavasya.
Noon time is considered best for performing Shraddh rituals during Pitru Paksha i.e. during the time of 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. For Tarpan ceremony, morning time is considered best that is during the time of 8 a.m to 12 p.m during Pitru Paksha.
Find out the Tithi (according to Hindu calendar) for performing Shradh by using Shraddha Tithi Finder Tool. Best results are produced by performing Shradh on the same Tithi, according to the death of our ancestor.
What Not To Do While Performing Shradh?
Let's check out the things that we should avoid while performing the Tarpan rituals during Shradh.
- Do not use non-vegetarian items for preparing food.
- Do not consume alcohol while performing the rituals.
- Avoid haircuts or shaving while performing the rituals.
- Never use iron vessels for preparing or serving food.
- Do not perform rituals in the evening, dusk and dawn.
What Is Pitru Dosha?
Pitru Dosha arises when one does not perform the rituals of Tarpan for the peace of souls of his/her ancestors. The Pitru Dosha arises only when the souls of ancestors are not in peace.
Pitru Dosha can be identified by reading the birth chart of an individual. It can be cured by performing the Shraddha rituals.
Performing Shraddha and Tarpan rituals is very important for the attainment of peace by our ancestors' souls and for receiving their blessings.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Mars Transit In Taurus (10 August): Impact & Remedies
- Numerology Reveals Lucky-Unlucky Numbers & Their Significance!
- Sun Transit in Leo Soon: 4 Signs Will Benefit-3 Must Beware!
- Vaidhavya Yoga Forms In Women’s Horoscope Under These Circumstances, Must Be Careful!
- Weekly Horoscope 08-14 August, 2022: Lucky-Unlucky Signs Of The Week!
- If This Is Your Birth Date, Be Ready To Become A Millionaire!
- Numerology Weekly Horoscope 07 August-13 August, 2022
- Venus Transit In Cancer (7 August): Which Signs Will Be Lucky In Love?
- Raksha Bandhan 2022 in Auspicious Yogas: Correct Date, Legend, & Zodiac-Wise Rakhi!
- Were You Born After Sunset? Astrology Reveals Your Personality!
- वृषभ में मंगल का गोचर इन राशियों के लिए बेहद शुभ- इन जातकों के बनेंगे विवाह के योग!
- Ank Shastra: अंकों से भी होती है व्यक्तितव की पहचान, जानें क्या कहता है आपका अंक!
- सूर्य करेंगे अपनी ही सिंह राशि में गोचर, इन जातकों को मिलेगी अपने हर रोग से मुक्ति !
- महिलाओं की कुंडली में इन परिस्थितियों में बनता है वैधव्य योग, समय रहते हो जाएं सावधान!
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल 08 अगस्त से 14 अगस्त, 2022: किन राशियों को मिलेगा भाग्य का साथ?
- अंक ज्योतिष साप्ताहिक राशिफल: 07 अगस्त से 13 अगस्त, 2022
- शुक्र का कर्क राशि में गोचर: कौन सी राशियाँ होंगी प्रेम संबंधों में भाग्यशाली?
- रक्षाबंधन पर बन रहे हैं 3 शुभ योग, जानें महत्व और लाभ।
- जानें कैसा होता है सूर्यास्त के बाद जन्म लेने वाले लोगों का व्यक्तित्व!
- एक महीने में शुक्र के बैक-टू-बैक गोचर से बदल जाएगा इन राशियों का भाग्य-देश पर भी पड़ेगा प्रभाव!