Nirjala Ekadashi 2017: Pave Your Way Toward Auspiciousness
Nirjala ekadashi is known to be the most strict and powerful one among all Ekadashis. As per the Hindu Calendar, it is observed on the 11th day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Jyeshtha. It is also observed as Bhima Ekadashi, Bhimseni Ekadashi and Pandava Ekadashi. In 2017, it will be marked on 5th of June. If you want to learn more, keep on reading this article...
Nirjala Ekadashi 2017
Nirjala Ekadashi is one of the most important of all 24 Ekadashis that fall during a year. This day got its name from the way of fasting that is performed on this day. The uniqueness of this day is defined, further. Go ahead and look out for the speciality of the day of Nirjala Ekadashi.
Nirjala refers to 'without water' and Ekadashi is the eleventh day of the lunar month. As per the Hindu calendar , Nirjala Ekadashi occurs in the Hindu month, Jyeshtha.
Let's take a look on Nirjala Ekadashi 2017 date:
- Nirjala Ekadashi 2017 date : June 5, 2017
- Parana (time for consuming meal) time for next day : 05:27 to 08:12
Parana Muhurat is the auspicious time to break the Ekadashi Vrat. The fast of Ekadashi is terminated on Dwadashi Tithi (twelfth day) i.e. the succeeding day.
Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat is counted amongst one of the toughest fast of Ekadashi that is observed by the devotees, because the intake of both, food and water is strictly prohibited, while observing the fast of Nirjala Ekadashi. Highly auspicious results are obtained by pleasing Lord Vishnu , on the day of Nirjala Ekadashi. Like every year, the devotees will again observe fast in 2017, to gain immense favor by Lord Vishnu during Nirjala Ekadasi.
Nirjala Ekadashi : Significance
Let's read about the significance of Nirjala Ekadashi before observing the Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat. Like other Ekadashis, Nirjala Ekadashi is also dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is believed that observing Nirjala Ekadashi fast, without having food or water for 24 hours helps in reaching the divine feet of Lord Vishnu. Lord Vishnu blesses his devotees with money, prosperity, and wealth. He also fulfils all the wishes of his devotees and remove all the sins of their lives.
Observing fast and worshiping Lord Vishnu on Nirjala Ekadashi is equivalent to observing fasts on all the Ekadashis of the year. That's why, it is also considered as Lord Vishnu's most favorite one.
It is also believed that by performing the fast for Nirjala Ekadashi, one can set himself/herself free from the cycle of birth and death. The devotee who observes the fast of Nirjala Ekadashi attains Moksha and goes straight to the Vaikuntha, after death. His/her deeds are not analysed by Lord of death (Yama), for sending him/her to Swarga (heaven) or Naraka (hell). Thus, Nirjala Ekadashi is considered so immense and important. Therefore, observe the Nirjala Ekadashi fast with full dedication and devotion. Let's now take a look on the legend of Nirjala Ekadashi, before performing the Puja rituals of Nirjala Ekadashi.
Legend Of Nirjala Ekadashi
The legend of Nirjala Ekadashi is connected to Bhima, who was the second and the most powerful Pandava, that is why this Ekadashi is also known as Pandava Bhima Ekadashi. He wanted to observe all the fasts of 24 Ekadashis, but he couldn't, as he was not able to control his hunger. For finding a solution to this problem, he went to sage Vyasa and his grandfather. They advised him to only observe the Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat, because this one fast can provide auspicious results equivalent to the fast of all Ekadashis.
Nirjala Ekadashi 2017: Rituals Of The Day
As this is the most important and toughest Ekadashi of all, some strict rules have to be followed by devotees, while performing the Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat.Read out these points before observing Nirjala Ekadashi fast.
- Wake up early in the morning and perform the morning rituals like bathing and wearing clean clothes.
- Visit to the nearest temple to offer prayers to Lord Vishnu.
- Bathe the image of Vishnu or Shaligram stone with Panchamrit (mixture of water, milk, honey, sugar, and jaggery).
- Fast can be observed for 24 hours, i.e. from sunrise of Nirjala Ekadashi to the sunrise of next day, or only from the sunrise to sunset of the day of Nirjala Ekadashi.
- Perform meditation before the image of Lord Vishnu.
- Offer flowers, incense sticks, and Durva grass (a kind of grass) etc. to Lord Vishnu, as the part of Puja rituals of Nirjala Ekadashi.
- Intake of food and water is strictly prohibited while performing Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat.
- Nirjala Ekadashi is also considered very auspicious for performing charity. Items like clothes, food grains, hand fans, and umbrellas are given to needy people.
Strict rules are followed by devotees while performing the fast for Nirjala Ekadashi. These rules may be strict for once, which might produce some short term problems for the devotee, while observing the fast. But, long term highly auspicious results are given by Lord Vishnu for this devotion. Lord Vishnu will give you the power and strength to perform the Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat. So, get ready to be a part of his immense grace, by observing the fast of Nirjala Ekadashi.
AstroSage wishes you a blessed Nirjala Ekadashi..!
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Horoscope 2023
- राशिफल 2023
- Calendar 2023
- Holidays 2023
- Chinese Horoscope 2023
- Education Horoscope 2023
- Purnima 2023
- Amavasya 2023
- Shubh Muhurat 2023
- Marriage Muhurat 2023
- Chinese Calendar 2023
- Bank Holidays 2023
- राशि भविष्य 2023 - Rashi Bhavishya 2023 Marathi
- ராசி பலன் 2023 - Rasi Palan 2023 Tamil
- వార్షిక రాశి ఫలాలు 2023 - Rasi Phalalu 2023 Telugu
- રાશિફળ 2023 - Rashifad 2023
- ജാതകം 2023 - Jathakam 2023 Malayalam
- ৰাশিফল 2023 - Rashifal 2023 Assamese
- ରାଶିଫଳ 2023 - Rashiphala 2023 Odia
- রাশিফল 2023 - Rashifol 2023 Bengali
- ವಾರ್ಷಿಕ ರಾಶಿ ಭವಿಷ್ಯ 2023 - Rashi Bhavishya 2023 Kannada