Indian Astrology : Special Features & Significance
The term 'Astrology' is formulated from two parts 'astro' and 'logos' meaning stars and logic respectively. The most fundamental definition of astrology is that it is the analysis of logic between terrestrial events occurring on earth and the movement of celestial bodies. It is our only link with the universe. It is the amidst the most ancient sciences, among which the Indian astrology is the long-lived astrology which was then known as 'Jyotish'. Jyoti meaning light and 'isha' being lord, which thus decipher into "The light of Lord" or "The light of knowledge". The scriptures called as 'Vedas' illuminate Jyotish (indian astrology) as 'The eyes of the Vedas' i.e the knowledge enclosed in the vedas can only be enlightened from the light of Jyotish. Indian Astrology encompasses horoscopes. A horoscope is explained by a circle known as elliptic, which the plane on which earth orbits around the sun. Elliptic is divided into 12 sections which are represented as the signs of the Zodiac. The calendar year is thus divided into 12 sections by the zodiacs and then each section is represented by a sign.
Thus Indian Astrology is the earliest form of the Astrology and over the long course of time it has been modified only a little. Its correctness and exactness as a science of deduction or fortune-telling is superlative even today. To achieve the most accurate results, even to the minute of the details, indian astrology is used as it covers every area of the human existence. Indian Astrology encircles everything from everyday events to spirituality, prediction, psychology, religion and healing.
According to Indian Astrology every birth is angelic and brings with it negative and positive karma both which influence many domains of our life such as health, career, finance, relationships, character and spiritual nature. With the birth of each individual his/her birth chart is created depicting the positions of the cosmic bodies according to the date of birth, time of birth and place of birth of the person. The exact disconnection time of the mother's umbilical cord from the child is called as its birth time.The birth chart or natal chart maintains all the nine planetary positions placed in different signs arranged w.r.t birth ascendant. It is just non-moving picture of zodiac at the time of birth. In Indian astrology this birth chart in hindi is known as Kundli or Janam Kundli or Janampatri etc.
Your kundli is the most important key in understanding the past, present and future events of your life and implementation of the remedies (if the planets are in the wrong zodiac) only work properly if your kundli is accurate.
Western Astrology versus Indian Astrology
It is very important to know what differentiates Indian Astrology from Western Astrology. Indian astrology is build on the sidereal zodiac while on the other hand western astrology uses tropical zodiac.What basically differentiates the two zodiacs is called 'Ayanamsa', which takes into consideration the "precession of equinoxes" (means revolution of earth's axis).
Another difference between western and indian astrology is, that western astrology uses sun signs while in Indian astrology moon signs are used for analysing the horoscopes.
Indian Astrology and Horoscope Compatibility
Indian astrology or Jyotish plays the most important role when you decide your life-partner. It defines a person's personality on the ground of his/her moon sign or rashis'. There are 12 moon signs defined in the Indian Astrology namely Mesh (Aries), Vrishabh (Taurus), Mithun (Gemini), Karka (Cancer), Simha (Leo), Kanya (Virgo), Tula (Libra), Vrischika (Scorpio), Dhanu (Sagittarius), Makar (Capricorn), Kumbh (Aquarius), Meen (Pisces). Collectively these signs are called Zodiac around which the whole Indian Astrology revolves. Using the horoscopes of these signs of the to be bride and groom and matching them on the basis of their kundli the compatibility matching is done which gives the idea of how much successful the marriage will be based on the principles of Indian Astrology.
Astrological services for accurate answers and better feature
Astrological remedies to get rid of your problems
AstroSage on MobileAll Mobile Apps
- Weekly Horoscope (12 - 18 August 2019)
- Amit Shah’s Kundli Reveals His Luck Factor
- ARTICLE 370 & JAMMU KASHMIR: ASTROLOGY REVEALS THE FATE OF J&K
- HIMA DAS IN OLYMPICS 2020: WILL DHING EXPRESS WIN ANOTHER GOLD?
- WILL M.S. DHONI RETIRE THIS YEAR? ASTROLOGY REVEALS IT ALL!
- HEART DISEASES: YOUR BIRTH CHART MAY BE RESPONSIBLE!
- TUBERCULOSIS: DISCOVER THE ASTROLOGICAL REASONS AND REMEDIES FOR T.B.
- Movie Review: John Abraham’s Batla House Creates A Patriotic Buzz
- Movie Review: Will Jabariya Jodi Weave Its Magic At the Box Office?
- Retrograde Mercury Transited in Gemini!
- Venus Transiting in Cancer Today, Know Its Impact
- साप्ताहिक राशिफल (12 से 18 अगस्त, 2019)
- अश्वत्थ मारुती पूजन आज, जानें हिन्दू धर्म में आज का दिन क्यों है ख़ास
- अशून्य शयन व्रत आज: जानें मुहूर्त, पूजा विधि और ज़रूरी नियम !
- शनिवार के दिन करें ये ख़ास उपाय, मिलेगी तरक्की और समृद्धि !
- ‘ढिंग एक्सप्रेस’ हिमा दास ओलंपिक 2020 में भी बनेगी गोल्डन गर्ल?
- संक्रांति विशेष: जानें सूर्य और शनि ग्रह क्यों हैं एक-दूसरे के शत्रु
- पूजा के लिए भूलकर भी ना करें स्टील के बर्तनों का प्रयोग, जानें आखिर क्या है वजह !
- शुक्रवार विशेष: माता लक्ष्मी की कृपा पाने के लिए अवश्य करें ये काम
- ग्रह दशा बिगड़ने से भी हो सकते हैं आप टी.बी रोग के शिकार
- मधुमेह के ज्योतिषीय कारण और उपाय !