Palmistry: Art of Palm Reading
What is Palmistry?
Curiosity is an inbuilt characteristic of human nature which led us to discover all important part of our necessity no matter whether it is science, fiction, health, social life and overall Universe which has unlimited fields yet to be discover. Astrology is very important but yet an integral field of Universe which governs every activity of human beings. Being highly prevalent in all part of the world, the definition of Palmistry is yet to be explored more.
"Palmistry" is a very important and vast field of Astrology which has been practiced over years but yet also, some parts of it are left undiscovered. If we will talk about its definition, then there are so many ways of defining it but in general, Palmistry (also known as Chiromancy) is an art forecasting the future by readings the lines of palm and hence it is also known as Palm Reading or Chirology. It has been practiced in the whole world but with numerous cultural variations.
The art of Palmistry does not include reading of palm lines only but it also deals with the shape of fingers, nails, color and surface of skin on the palm for forecasting the future and hence it has been always a matter of curiosity for a layman.
Palmistry - Its Origin:
There are many beliefs behind the origination of the art of Palmistry but Palmistry has its roots originated in Greece at the time of Aristotle who discovered the art of Palmistry and after that he gifted this art to Alexander the Great who utilized this art to know the fate of his soldiers as well as his reign. Aristotle has conveyed a very important saying on Palmistry that, "the lines in the palm of a person is not carved without a reason but it conveys the predictions related to our future".
But according to another belief, Palmistry is traditionally originated in India and has been migrated to Greece, Egypt, Persia and Syria in ancient times. Hence, it is considered as an integral part of Hindu Vedic Astrology. Here comes the origination of Indian Palmistry which has its root in India and has been practiced from a very long time.
Palmistry: Importance and Significances of Left and Right Hand
The significances of both hands cannot be neglected but in the vast field of Palmistry, it is assumed that the left hand of an individual shows his potential while the right hand shows his realistic personality. Right hand shows the future of a person while left hand shows the past. It is believed by the famous Palm Readers, that a person is born with his left hand but his right hand is what he has made of it which means that the left hand represents what the God has given to us while the Right hand represents what we have done for our future.
Apart from the hands, each line carved in our palm has its own importance in deciding the fate of our life. Let's discover what the seven most important lines in our palm represent:
- Heart line: The heart line is situated on the top of the palm under the fingers. According to the interpretation of Palmists, this line represents matters of heart including our emotional feelings. It represents the emotional sides of our mind frames. For example: A gridded Heart lines represents that the person is very nervous and highly strung.
- Life line: The life line is situated from edge of the palm above the thumbs proceeding towards the wrist. According to the interpretations of palmists, this line is used to represent an individual personality, vitality, physical health and general well being. It represents our major life changes and cataclysmic events of our life.
- Head Line: The head line is situated at the edge of the palm under the index finger proceeding towards the outside edge. According to the interpretations of palmists, it represents an individual's mind and the way it works which includes our communication style, our learning style and our intellectualism.
- Health Line: The Health Line is situated at the bottom of the Palm near the wrist proceeding towards the little finger. According to the interpretations, this line represents the health issues related to a person which he may face in his future.
- Marriage Line: The Marriage lines are short horizontal lines that are situated on the percussive edge of the palm between the heart line and the bottom of the little finger. According to the interpretations, these lines represent close relationships and marital issues related with a person's life.
- Fate Line: The Fate line is situated at the bottom of the palm near the wrist passing through the center of the palm proceeding towards the middle finger. According to the interpretations of the Palmists, this line represents an individual life path including his career, successes and obstacles.
- Sun Line: The Sun line is situated under the ring finger and according to the interpretations; it represents fame or scandal related to a person's life.
All these lines have very significant impact on an individual destiny and hence, it is necessary for an expert Palmists to make a detailed study of each line found on the Palm. Recently, the examinations of these Palmistry lines is inclusive of the medical research which correlates the genetic factors and abnormalities to the lines found in our Palm.
Palmistry: Discover some famous Books and Renowned Palmists
As Palmistry is practicing since many years, many books have been written on this majestic art to help you explore some of its unseen facts. Let's have a look at the below mentioned books to level your intensity of curiosity:
- The Spellbinding Power of Palmistry: It is a very renowned book of Palmistry which is written by a world class experienced Palmist Johny Fincham. This book reveals some of the unseen facts of the art of Palmistry.
- Hamilton's Palmistry Encyclopedia: This is a very famous book written by a very experienced Palmist Hamilton and it covers all basic aspects of Palmistry such as hand types, mounts, lines, fingerprints and even Dermatoglyphics.
- Campbell's Encyclopedia of Palmistry: This book is one of the most popular books of Palmistry which is written by famous Palmist Campbell and it is really worthwhile for hand readers to learn the various approaches of this amazing art.
- Lal Kitab (Red Book) of Palmistry: Lal Kitab is a treatise containing astrology, palmistry, phrenology, vastu and various other occult sciences. The first edition of Lal Kitab that came out in 1938 talks extensively about palmistry and its relationship with various signs. Check our Lal Kitab section for further information.
- Book of Palmistry by Chiero: the Palmistry book written by Chiero is also one of the most popular books of Palmistry in which every skills practiced in Palmistry is well explained so that it can be easily learned.
- Book of Palmistry by Benhem: This book of Palmistry has been written by one of the most famous Palmists Benhem and it is one of the most renowned book of Palmistry all over the world. The book has covered all important aspects of Palmistry and has revealed all the true facts of Palmistry and hence it has been listed among the top ten renowned books of Palmistry.