Feng Shui Articles & Information
Let's discuss the use of Feng Shui in decorating your homely space and office place. From helping you attract love and money to finally making your life stress-free, the simple Feng Shui home tips are everything you need in your lives. Below is a list of articles to provide information about how to Feng Shui your homes and offices:
What is Feng Shui and How does it Work?
Feng Shui is an ancient art of creating harmony between man, nature, and the cosmos through our living space and personal place. Whether it's our homely space or professional place, the perfect balance of natural energies within our own space is paramount in giving people a hope of light, positivity, and claim to enlighten our lives with abundant love, joy, and happiness.
Feng means 'wind' and shui means 'water' in Chinese. It is the art of channeling cosmic energy called "qi" to multiply our health, wealth and happiness. As per the principle of feng shui, the wrong placement of objects in our living space will affect our personal and professional front, not only show a sign of bad qi, but also deflect the good qi to flow in our living space.
Apart from the uncanny element of feng shui, the basic principles of the practice makes a lot more positive impact. For example, feng shui derives benefits from natural energies that exist in the universe like natural greenery or sunlight, so we can be more inclined towards our spiritual self. As per the scientific research, colors also play an important role in our lives. If not being balanced with the right form of energy, colors can affect our physical, mental, psychological, and spiritual self. So, it is highly important for us to balance the right form of energy with the right color, object, and the space to make our living worth-living.
Feng shui is an ancient art with many metal elements, and many of its principles are emphasizing towards a better future. People have been using gemstones for ages to protect, heal and bring clarity. While you may already know the importance of spiritual properties, but you might be astonished to know that they can also be used as a powerful tool in Feng Shui. People who are familiar with Feng Shui are undoubtedly the ones well-acclaimed with Vastu. If you want to add spark to your love life, then you must not feel bad, as Feng Shui and vastu-friendly tips are there to help you increase love to your love life.
From helping you maintaining your personal and professional life, gemstones are there to help you achieve abundant health, wealth, and happiness in your life. Fret not, if you are suffering from some health problem or the other, wearing a right gemstone in the right finger helps you ward off all the illness. Undoubtedly, gemstones play a vital role in making your life easy, simple, effective, and worth-living.
If you are looking for a new opportunity or new job prospects, pearls can be very helpful. These precious stones are the symbol of health, wealth, prosperity, purity, and dignity. As per the scientific study, if you place a single pearl in the center portion of the entrance wall of your house, then you may face endless career opportunities. It is suggested to house the pearl in a black velvet box, as it can make this remedy doubly powerful.
History of Feng Shui
Feng Shui is an art as old as Chinese civilization and popular around the world as modern geomancy and science. It has been observed that there is a lot of continuity between the way feng shui was practiced in early Chinese culture and the way it is practiced today. The prime focus of feng shui has always been to balance the energies of human life well with the space.
The perfect space would ensure that the building residents benefited from good qi. It is a universal force that bound the earth, universe, and humanity together. It was an expression of the way the ancient Chinese saw the balance with the universe. Around 5,000 years ago, all Chinese capitals began to be built on a North-South axis. As Chinese rulers saw themselves as the mediators between earth and universe, the axis of orientation emphasized the role of the capital city, was considered to be the cardinal direction of the element of earth at the south gate, and heaven in the north.
Inside Chinese palaces, the emperor's residence would be on the North side and would show magnificent buildings, while the southern side shows house servants in low-lying quarters, showing the Confucian social hierarchy. The arrangement of Chinese capitals along earth's polar axis also represent unity and peace with nature. The North-South axis can still be viewed as the framework of modern day cities like Beijing.
How to Make Feng Shui Home Using Ancient Chinese Art
As per the ancient Chinese art, there are certain objects that are used to increase the flow of positive energy in your homely space and office place. These objects are called Feng Shui cures and can be placed at different places like your homes, offices etc. for positive results.
Feng Shui Dragon
Who doesn't want to make their homely space and office place vastu-friendly? Feng Shui Dragon is considered to be one of the most powerful symbol of male energy. It shows a traditional system of Feng Shui. Not only it is depicted with a crystal or a pearl, but it also denotes a handful of career opportunities and beneficial insights.
- The gold colored Feng Shui Dragon is important in financial matters
- The green colored Feng Shui Dragon is important of good health
Placement of Feng Shui Dragon
If you want to usher health, wealth, and happiness in your life, then you need to place this Feng Shui
- Bathroom: You can place a Feng Shui Dragon in a bedroom or in your love & relationships area. If you pair it up with the feng shui symbol of the phoenix, then the phoenix and dragon pairing the ultimate symbol of marital bliss and happiness. If you keep a dragon alone in a bedroom then you might experience low energy and disturbed sleep.
- Office: You can place a Feng Shui dragon on the wall behind your desk chair, where the dragon works as your support system. Placing a dragon in front of your desk creates a fiction between you and the dragon.
- South-West or North-East areas: These areas are particularly suitable for stone, crystal, or ceramic dragons that strengthen Earth and are home to the Earth element.
- Kitchen: Dragons facing the sink helps to improve financial gains. It will give you abundant wealth and happiness. Placing dragons near fountains or other sources of water (other than in the bathroom) has a similar effect.
Feng Shui Bamboo Plant
A Bamboo plant is one of the plants that is considered auspicious and lucky for both of your spaces - homes and offices. It is one of the favored choices for Feng Shui cures. Known to sell for decorative purposes; these bamboo plants are bound to bring you positivity and prosperity to your homely space and office place.
Bamboo Plant Brings Good Fortune
It is said that the bamboo plant is a member of the lily family, which is called Dracaena Sanderiana. It is also believed that if you gift this plant to your near and dear ones, then it would bring good fortunes to their surroundings. So, whether you think to gift this bamboo plant or place it as a decorative object, this bamboo plant is surely to bring you health, wealth, and happiness.
For Decorative Purposes
You must have seen people keeping bamboo plant for decoration purposes. Not only they give positive ambience to your space, but they also give a hope of light to your lives. Easy to grow and need little maintenance, the bamboo plants are everything you need to make your surrounding vibrant and colorful.
The Right Placement of Bamboo Plant
Like any other Feng Shui object, the right placement of bamboo plant is very important in making your house and office stress-free. In order to reap maximum results, the right placement of bamboo plant is very important. If you place bamboo plant in the right direction, then it can get you tons of positive energy.
Bamboo Plants in Feng Shui Aquariums
Popular as a decorative material to finally giving your homely space and office place a vibrant energy, aquariums are everything you need to give your surrounding a fresh source of light and energy. When these bamboo plants are placed in aquariums, they aerate and oxygenate water, hence making it beneficial for the fish to survive. In the water environment, lucky bamboo plants grow in a better way.
Feng Shui Turtle
Feng Shui turtle is one of the popular cure in classical or traditional feng shui schools. You can easily spot it in most feng shui shops, as well as in any Chinatown. From helping you attract good charm and luck to finally bring you positivity, the dragon turtle cure is one of those feng shui cures always associated with good charm and pink health.
- Feng Shui Money Plant
According to Feng Shui, keeping the plant of Crassula will bring positive vibrations. So, if you are one of them who likes plantation in their homely area or surrounding, then make a corner for this plant and enjoy the prosperity that embarks on your surface.
It is believed that the decoration of this plant in your homely space and office place helps you attract abundant wealth. This plant has thick, glossy, smooth, and fleshy leaves. The color of the leaves is jade green, but after some time they will turn brown and woody. New stem growth will have the same texture same as the color as the leaves.
This plant does not require much maintenance, or a large pot, but if you plant it in a little bigger pot or container, it will start growing really big. The greatest growth of the plant will achieve from being planted in a big position with a great source of natural sunlight. It is adaptable to many treatments and situations, so it won't last bloom for so long if you water it constantly. After you water it, wait for the soil to hydrate it before watering it again. During the winter season, it is enough to keep the soil hydrated.
As per the Chinese technique, this plant should be placed in the North direction or on the right side from the entrance of your house. This plant contains ethereal oils and helps to boost mental and physical positivity in the members of your family.
Feng Shui Money Tips
- You are highly advised to keep your space clutter-free. Clear out any clutter from your homely space and personal place is highly recommended. Clutter in your home is a sign of low, lethargic, and stagnant energy, and clutter can also clog cash flow. Getting rid of clutter is one of the most advantageous ways to transform the low energy into high one.
- Pay high attention to each of your cash flow areas to search for anything that needs repair. Anything that doesn't work is a sign of hindrance growth and money opportunities. If you have a loose doorknob, or a non-working light switch, or a file drawer that is not working, or a clock that doesn't show right time, discard them immediately, as they all show money crunch. Remove such items from your power spots or fix or repair them so they work properly.
- Enhance your wealth areas with symbols of prosperity, such as "lucky bamboo" plant, or you can also keep a bowl of coins or add loose change to it every day or keep anything that that is a symbol of prosperity and growth to you. There are a handful of Chinese luck symbols available in the online market, but you don't need them unless you want to.
- Hang a picture of your ancestral property or dream home, or a model of a luxury car that you always desire or long for, is an effective way of representing wealth and money because it has personal connotation associated with you.
- Accentuate your wealth areas with the colors like purple and green. Purple symbolizes wealth, while green symbolizes vitality and growth. Place a bowl of purple and green grapes (real or artificial) in the money area of your kitchen, to symbolize wealth in your home. If you use real grapes, it's okay to eat them, just keep the bowl full or half empty on a timely basis so the grapes remain fresh and your house is always fill in with more wealth and prosperity.
- Pay more heed as to how you handle money matters on a regular basis. Do you keep paper money stored in your wallet or use a money clip, or is it crumpled up at the bottom of your pocket or jammed in there anyway? Remove the clutter out of your pocket and purse, and start spending your money.
- If you neglect your money, it will neglect you, so make sure you balance your checkbook and pay utility bills on time. In order to keep your checkbook, select attractive covers such as purple, red, black, green, blue, and keep it in the wealth area of your space- that's the wealth area of your office or rear left corner of your office space.
- Live to the fullest. Money is a form of energy, and it needs to flow through your life. Hoarding and scrimping work against more coming in, while giving in generously means more space for prosperity. If you don't have ample amount of money, share ample amount of time, emotions, compassion, and appreciation.
- Take a step and spare few moments every morning to think about all the good incidences that happened to you yesterday and to express your gratitude for what you have achieved. People, memories, even small things count, so it's okay if there are days of misfortune or unhappiness. It's not what happened that's important; it's getting in the moment and learning a new experience is what changes you as an individual. The more you learn, appreciate, and express gratitude for things you achieved, no matter how small, the more good things will come your way, including money and prosperity.
- Prosperity is not determined by how much amount you achieve, but by how well you save in your life. As per the saying, the formal name for the wealth area is "fortunate blessings" - repair, manage, accessorize, and de-clutter your surroundings will activate money spot areas in your space. When you celebrate your happiness, or smile from within, or enjoy your spiritual life, or even being rich in air and sunshine if nothing goes right for you today, spiritual and material blessings will come to you more readily.
While it might sound different that an ancient art based on metaphysical Daoism has its hands in architectural land planning, interior designing and a handful of feng shui principles. For instance, feng shui takes advantage of natural energies so we can be in balance with our body's cosmic inclinations. Scientists have found that Feng Shui principles affect our lives, and improve our well-being to a larger extent.