Aromatherapy - science of fragrance
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a majestic art of Science which utilizes naturally extracted fragrances or aromatic essences from flora of our nature for maintaining balance, harmonizing and promoting the health of our body, mind, and spirit.
Aromatherapy is a holistic therapy for maintaining our physical growth as well as spiritual growth through the use of natural fragrances. Most of these fragrances are essential oils, which are extracted from flowers, fruits, leaves and roots which are the best gifts of our nature. These essential oils and fragrances are used as the essential elements of this majestic therapy. From Scientific point of view, the evidence for Aromatherapy is preliminary. But Aromatherapy is being used as a very effective therapy for maintaining our body growth at both physical and spiritual level and hence, many people are enjoying the relaxing and healing effects of Aromatherapy at various spas.
Aromatherapy, is also referred as clinical Aromatherapy or medical Aromatherapy, is actually based on the belief that the sensations which originate from our nostrils directly goes to a particular part of our brain which is specifically known as the limbic system and this system is directly related with our emotions. Hence, these aromatic oils are powerful stimuli which sensitize our limbic system to create positive feelings. Thus, Aromatherapy is frequently used by various professionals in treatment of our emotion-related conditions.
Aromatherapy - Its benefits and uses:
Aromatherapy has a great impact on our mood and health, and it helps in promoting feelings of relaxation in our inner self. The Essential oil fragrances used in this therapy activates our limbic system, for supporting the emotions and the pleasure center of our brain. Direct inhalation of certain oils helps in relieving from respiratory congestion, as well as in developing positive psychological effects. Essential oils can be diffused in the air by a nebulizer, burned as incense, or through aromatherapy candles. You can also have a look at the various natural body and skin care products which contain these oils to enjoy the relaxation and healing at home.
Massage and Aromatherapy are moreover similar practices. The only distinct feature is that massage requires application of essential oil on our body where as Aromatherapy is purely based on fragrance technique but both practices have a common goal of achieving relaxation of body. During ancient times in Egypt, aromatic baths were a daily ritual. This was followed by a massage using aromatic oils made from cinnamon, rose, cedar wood, lilies, and so on.
Aromatherapy Massage: Its Importance:
The primary goal of Aromatherapy massage is to maintain the harmonic balance of our body and mind. The natural essential oils used in the Aromatherapy massage is naturally extracted from the flowers and plants and they are applied in this therapy to heal and balance our body, our emotions and our psyche for experiencing a powerful and unique experience. Aromatherapy massage is very effective because of the penetrating power of the essential oils in our skin layers and tissues. The Aroma massage allows the oil to enter into the flow of our blood so that it quickly spreads the therapeutic benefits throughout our body. The quality of the essential oil will directly affect the extent to which the positive health effects the oil can be derived.
Aromatherapy massage is very popular in todays modern society because it plays a very important role in achieving relaxation from the stress which we usually face in our daily life due to our heavy work load. This massage is widely adopted in various health care centers also and they are now offered as part of the health packages in various spas and beauty care clinics and centers.
Its true that Aromatherapy massage is a very effective method of achieving peace of mind but the essential oils used in this therapy needs to be selected very carefully and with great precautions as these oils play a major role in providing effective solutions. Most of the oils used in Aromatherapy Massage are primarily antibacterial and antispasmodic but there are several essential oils present in the market which may contain many synthetic substances and application of such oils in the massage will not provide us any health benefits and in turn it may cause several adversities.
Aromatherapy- Health benefits for specific ailments:
We have already discussed various benefits of Aromatherapy massage and hence we are well known with it's several advantages. Now, Lets discover some specific diseases of body which are treated by this majestic technique:
- Hypertension: It is one of the most common problems of the present modern society and it arises due to the stress which we all are facing due to the work pressure. Aromatherapy Massage is the most effective method of relieving from this kind of problem.
- Insomnia: Again Insomnia is a very common health related problem which arises due to tension and in the present scenario; Insomnia is being faced by many of us. But Aroma therapy massage is very effective therapy which helps you overcome this problem so that you could live a healthy life thereafter.
- Digestive problem: In our modern society, even the food items are also not safe because of the mixing of synthetic substances and hence, it is the main cause digestive problem which is being faced by almost every person. Again, the Aroma therapy massage helps you a lot in recovering from the digestive problems if applied on a regular basis.
- Muscles and joint stiffness: Muscles and joint stiffness is a very common health issue which cannot be treated with any allopathic or homeopathic treatment but it requires a physical treatment and hence, Aromatherapy massage is very effective technique for treating this problem.
- Lethargy and low energy problem: Due to increased work pressure, Lethargy or Low energy problem is quite often among us. Hence, Aromatherapy massage is again very effective for overcoming this issue since it helps in maintaining out hormonal balance and relaxation thus increasing our inner potential.
Aromatherapy: Enhance your knowledge by with some renowned books
- The Complete Book of essential oils and Aromatherapy: This book is written by Valerine Ann Worwood who has beautifully explained instructions related to health and healing so that everyone can easily understand the concept of Aromatherapy along with it's benefits.
- The Directory of essential oils: This book is written by Wanda Sellar and it contain the names of various essential oils along with their benefits so that we can get a brief view of all variety of essential oils used in Aromatherapy.
- Essential oil Safety- A guide for health care professionals: This a very profound book of Aromatherapy written by Robert Tisserand which tells us how to use the essential oils as a gentle and effective method of natural healing.
- The Practice of Aromatherapy: This book of Aromatherapy is a joint effort of Robert Tisserand and Jean Valnet who have beautifully described detailed evidence for the efficacy plant medicine which is the natures most honored method for treatment of pain and tension.
Hence, Aromatherapy is a very interesting field of science which helps in healing your troubles and allows you to rejuvenate; so, try this Magical Art of Aromatherapy to relieve from your tensions so that you can live a happy life thereafter.