Acupressure - Study of points
What is Acupressure?
Acupressure is an interesting healing practice that uses the fingers to press the key points which are there on the surface of the skin to stimulate the natural self resistance power of the body. In Acupressure, the key points are pressed to release the muscular tension to promote the blood circulation and the bodys life force to aid healing. Most of the people are confused between the Acupuncture and Acupressure as they both sound similar but both techniques are entirely different- in Acupuncture, needles are used to stimulate the key points while in Acupressure, firm pressure of hands and feet are required to stimulate our body resistance capabilities.
The contradiction always existed between these two techniques but due to the advancement in Acupuncture by the use of needles, it became more popular, however, being older of the two traditions, Acupressure maintains it's glory to be the most effective method for treatment of stress and tension by using the power and sensitivity of the human hand.
Acupressure is also an effective technique for relieving discomfort by the application of pressure on the Acu points because this pressure helps in increasing blood circulation to the muscles which in turn helps in relieving from the discomfort and pain.
Acupressure: - Explore it's origin:
Acupressure is moreover similar to Acupuncture but Acupressure is originated before the Acupuncture and hence it's origin dates back to 5000 years but the practitioners of this majestic art has always invented new methods in this art which gave birth to Acupuncture. But the Art of performing Acupressure retained it's principles which include stimulation of Key points with the help of finger touch to regain the potential of self rejuvenation and hence, Acupressure has always been considered as the simplest practice of discovering our inner potential without the help of external equipments.
Acupressure: - Discover it's importance in different treatments:
The Acupressure therapy is similar to massage where the mood is set by the practitioner to ensure that your experience is pleasant and enjoyable. In the treatment process, we will be asked about particular ailments along with several questions related to our lifestyle and habits so that the practitioners became aware of our habits and take the suitable course of action accordingly.
Acupressure Therapy has always been useful in treatment of stress and tension, blood pressure, hypertension, labor pain, allergic rhinitis, neck pain as well as back pain.
Promoting Hair Growth: Acupressure therapy has proven itself as a boon in the field of Hair growth. The therapy has a great impact on our hair growth like:
- It helps in blood circulation to the scalp and face which in turns helps in promoting hair growth.
- The Acupressure massage helps in bringing oxygen to the scalp to maintain a healthy hair growth.
- With the help of Acupressure massage, several toxins, dandruff and dead skin cells are removed from the scalp which also helps in the promotion of hair growth.
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis: Acupressure therapy is the simplest and easiest way of curing Allergic Rhinitis which is a very common but yet an irritating problem. Unlike the other treatments of Allergic rhinitis, it can be cured easily with the help of right Acupressure massage.
The Acupressure therapy does not require a needle but it requires only in a pinch" massage for curing the Allergic Rhinitis which requires grabbing the webbing of our nose between both the thumbs followed by a gentle massage which ultimately results to opening of sinuses which in turn stops our nose running. Hence, Acupressure massage is considered as the easiest way of treating this allergic reaction.
Treatment of neck pain: Acupressure therapy is used in the treatment of various health related problems but it is very effective in the treatment of neck pain which arises due to several reasons. For the treatment of neck pain, Acupressure uses five Acu points to be stimulated and they are as follows:
- Gv-16: The Gv-16 is a key point which needs to be stimulated for the treatment of neck pain and it is situated at the base of the skull in a hollow area.
- Si-15: The Si-15 is also a very prominent Acu point which is situated at an angle of 45 degrees from the base of neck at the side of spinal cord.
- Gb-21: The GB-21 is also a very significant Acu point used in the treatment of neck pain and it is situated just below the Si-15 at a straight line from it.
- TW-15: The TW-15 is again a very significant point which is situated at one finger width just below the mid- clavicular line.
- B-10: The B-10 is the final Acu point used in the treatment of neck pain and it is situated on both sides of neck art the level of second cervical at a width of three fingers from Gv-16.
Inducing Labor pain: Acupressure massage is also used for inducing the labor pain for safe and normal delivery of baby. It is the best option for inducing labor pain as the pharmaceuticals given to the pregnant women have many side effects to her also along with the baby as well.
The maternity Acu points help in the softening f the cervix to start the labor pain. Unlike the other labor inducing methods where several medication techniques are required for inducing labor pain, the Acupressure therapy has been proven a boon for the pregnant women because of it's simple practice of massaging the Acu points only. It also helps the baby to descend in to the correct position for it's delivery.
Apart from these treatments, you can also discover more principles of Acupressure Therapy in a variety of books which will definitely help you in the treatment of variety of problems. So, lets have a look at some renowned books of Acupressure:
Acupressure: Discover some amazing books:
- Acupressure Potent points: This book is written by Michael Reed and it contain a brief listings of several hand on self help techniques for getting relieved from common ailments.
- Acupressure for emotional healing: This book is also a very knowledgeable book on Acupressure written by Michael Reed who has beautifully explained every vital point which helps in healing from ailments.
- Trigger points (Quick reference guide): This is a quick reference guide written by Vince Perez and it contain brief information of all important trigger points which are requires for stimulation for achieving self rejuvenation.
- Acupressure for lovers: This book is also a very easy guide for the Acupressure lovers and it is written by Michael Reed who has incorporated every instruction to cultivate the seed of trust and love between the couples.
Acupressure is widely recognized as an effective therapy for treating various body related problems including almost every field of medicine but yet the true factors behind this majestic therapy is yet to be discovered and hence, many scientific research are still going on to explore more and more about this chinese theory.