Upanayana Muhurat 2022 Dates
Upanayana Muhurat 2022 by AstroSage offers you a detailed account of auspicious times and dates to wear a Janeu or Yognopavit in 2022. In this article on Upanayana Muhurat 2022 or Janeu Sanskar Muhurat 2022, we will also tell you about the significance of this ritual, different ways to wear a Janeu, how the thread ceremony or the Janeu Sanskar is performed in the North and South, along with many interesting topics, so read on!
Talk To Best Vedic Astrologers On Call & Know Accurate Janeu Muhurat for 2022
What Is Upanayana Sanskar?
For all Hindus, especially in the Brahmin community, Upanayana or the Janeu Sanskar is considered one of the most crucial events in a boy’s life. Therefore, to have this ceremony with proper rituals and at auspicious dates and timings goes without saying. In this ceremony, the intended person wears a sacred thread, also known as a Yognopavit or Janeu, which indicates the beginning of a new chapter in their life- Youth.
Different castes including Brahmins, Vaishyas, and Kshatriyas, hold this auspicious occasion, the thread ceremony, for a boy before his wedding. The groom in this ceremony is given three strands of thread which are sacred. Each one of the three threads represents three different vows- the vow to their parents, the vow to respect wisdom and knowledge, and the vow to respect the society he is living in.
हिंदी में पढ़ें - उपनयन मुहूर्त 2022
Auspicious Upanayana Muhurat 2022 Dates
Let’s find out the auspicious dates and the timings to wear Yognopavit in 2022 during the Upanayana Muhurat 2022.
|Upanayana Muhurat 2022 For February|
|Upanayana Muhurat 2022 For April|
|Upanayana Muhurat 2022 For May|
|Upanayana Muhurat 2022 For June|
Note that the most auspicious Muhurat 2022 to wear a Janeu is falling on the days- Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Shani Report: Know The Impact Of Shani/Saturn On Your Life
Observance of Janeu Ceremony in 2022
The Janeu Thread Ceremony is observed when a boy is between the age of seven and fourteen. If due to some reason, the ceremony is not performed during these years, it is done before the marriage of that person. A Hindu man must have a Janeu Thread ceremony before getting married.
This ceremony marks the end of one stage in a boy’s life and the commencement of another. It symbolizes leaving childhood behind and entering into a more intense phase of life that is adulthood, which means that the boy is now going to become a man.
Upanayana Sanskar During Upanayana Muhurat 2022 in North India and South IndiaNORTH INDIA
Mentioned below is the series of steps in which the Upanayana Sanskar is performed in the North-
- Groom’s parents worship Lord Ganesh a day before the Janeu Thread Ceremony.
- On the day of the ceremony, the groom and his mother eat from the same plate, in a Brahmin family.
- An Acharya or the head priest then makes the groom wear the sacred thread known as the Yognopavit while chanting the Vedic Mantras.
- It is followed by a set of vows that we talked about earlier in this article. These vows are- the vow to their parents, the vow to respect wisdom and knowledge, and the vow to respect the society he is living in.
- Besides chanting the Vedic Mantras, the groom is made to offer fuel sticks to the sacred fire.
- The last step of the Upanayana Ceremony in the North is for the groom to beg for food from the older ladies of his house and his mother. The food that is offered to him is given first to the guru.
The Upanayana ceremony is performed in a different way in South India-
- The sacred thread ceremony is called Vrutham in the South, and it is of utmost importance for a groom, just like it is in the North.
- The Vrutham ceremony is held in the groom’s house and is observed on the wedding day, early in the morning.
- On this day, a boy ends his Brahmacharya stage and embarks on a new journey- a new phase of his life called the Grihastha.
- Vrutham is mandatory for a groom before getting married.
- The father of the groom, considered as the Guru or the Acharya, permits his son for entering the new phase of his life.
- Puja is held while the sacred thread smeared with turmeric is tied around the groom’s wrist.
- In the South, this ceremony takes place at the bride’s home too. It is done to protect the newly wedded couple from the eyes of evil.
Luck in your favour? Raj Yoga Report reveals it all!
Wearing A Janeu During Janeu Sanskar in 2022
1. On any auspicious ceremony, the sacred thread, Janeu, is worn hanging from the left shoulder.
2. For any occasion that is inauspicious for you, the Janeu must be worn hanging from the right shoulder.
3. A Janeu can also be worn around the neck like a garland. This is called “Niviti”.
4. The sacred thread must be raised and tucked behind the ear while performing the daily ablutions or any task that is considered impure.
5. Females are supposed to wear the Janeu around the neck.
6. At the demise of any family member, the holy thread must be removed. After 15 days of the event, a new Janeu must be worn.
7. If the thread is worn out or broken in any way, it must immediately be replaced by a new one.
Upanayan Ceremony 2022: Scientific Significance Associated With Wearing A Janeu
- As we all know that our right brain has a close relationship with our right body, wearing a Janeu over the left shoulder results in enhancement of the functioning of our right brain. Our right brain is responsible for attaining knowledge, emotions, mental capabilities, and logical power. This is why; many people also wear a Janeu before embarking on their educational journey.
- A person’s head is shaved during the Janeu ceremony, leaving just a small portion of hair tied in a knot. It is called Shikha. It improves the energy flow through the seven Chakras by creating pressure.
- A Janeu also minimizes the chances of issues related to blood pressure.
- When a Janeu is tucked behind the ears, it results in improved memory and reduces the chances of any digestion-related problems.
Advanced Health Report Will Put An End On Your Health Troubles!
We hope that you enjoyed reading this article on Upanayana Muhurat 2022. Thank you for staying connected!